Do you happen to have a computer with Windows 11 or Windows 10 and you’re wondering what the best way is edit PDF on Windows 11/10 or how to convert PDF on Windows 11/10? Below we highlight one of the best PDF Editor currently on the market and which differs from the “competitors” (Adobe Acrobat PRO first and foremost) both for the decidedly more accessible price and for the numerous functions offered.
The program in question is called PDFelementdeveloped and available on the Italian market for several years and has become the default PDF Editor of thousands of users (both private and professional) around the world.
PDFelement is also characterized by its ease of use and the numerous (free) updates to which it is subjected regularly and which guarantee its full compatibility with all operating systems (including the latest Windows 11/10 and latest version of MacOS).
How to Edit PDF on Windows 11 with PDFelement
Step 1. Install and launch PDFelement on Windows 11/10
Click HERE to download and install the latest version of PDFelement on your Windows 11/10 PC. Immediately after starting the program you will see this main screen:
The program’s home screen will show all the main functions and you just need to click on the desired function to start creating or editing your PDF document.
Step 2. Import the PDF and start editing
Click on “YOU OPEN” or on the “ boxEdit PDF text” to select the PDF to edit from your PC and open it in the program. After importing you can immediately start making all the changes you want:
Here is a list of all the changes you can make:
The operation is really intuitive because you just need to select the editing tool from the toolbar at the top and apply it to the document. If you know how to use Word then you will have no problem using PDFelement as well.
Step 3. Enable OCR (for scanned PDFs)
If you want to edit scanned (or scanned) PDFs on your Windows 11/10 PC, thanks to PDFelement you will be able to do it without problems. Already when importing the PDF, the program will detect that it is a scanned PDF and will ask you to activate the OCR plugin for Windows (optical character recognition functionality).
Once this function has been activated, the program will analyze the document and make any part of it editable
How to edit PDF on Windows without installing programs
If you just need to quickly edit small things in your PDF document, then it’s worth trying PDF editors that work directly online through your browser. Here are two of the best solutions for edit PDF online and for free.
Sedja is an online platform designed to edit PDFs “on the fly”. Once you access the service website you can upload the PDF file you want to work on and get started.
The website includes directions on how to add or edit PDF text, add images, fill out forms, add links, and more. Sedja also offers a free desktop version for editing files offline. Both free versions have limitations, but if you end up liking Sedja enough you can upgrade via various payment plans for unlimited usage and tool options.
To start editing a PDF file, here’s what to do:
- Click Upload a PDF File and a window will appear where you can select a file.
- Find and select the PDF file you want to edit, then click Open. The file will be uploaded to the site. The time it takes varies depending on the size of the file and your Internet speed, but it’s usually pretty fast.
- The file will now appear on the site in the editor. You should be able to select the text you want to change, such as the title/header.
- You can delete or add text to your liking, change color, font and much more with the text menu and edit menu at the top of the screen.
PDfescape it is very similar in that it offers both an online and desktop version. However, the desktop version is only available as a free trial and is premium after that. The premium service is charged as a monthly fee and offers several online features and access to the desktop version. Once you open the online application, there are some options to open PDF files and the option to create a new one.
Here’s how to start editing a PDF file:
- Click Free Online and you will be taken to the editor page.
- There will be a few options for adding a PDF file to choose from. Uploading a file from your computer is what is done in most cases, so click Upload PDF in PDFescape.
- In the Upload File window that opens, click Browse… and a window will appear where you can select a file.
- Find and select the PDF file you want to edit, then click You open. The file will then be uploaded to the site. The time it takes will again vary based on file size and internet speed.
- The selected PDF file should appear in the editor. PDFescape may not allow you to edit existing text in the PDF file, but you will be able to add text and draw freehand. For this reason we recommend PDFescape primarily for filling out and signing forms.
iLovePDF is another online tool that allows you to perform various operations on PDF files such as editing the PDF by adding or removing text. Here’s how it works:
- Access the iLovePDF website (https://www.ilovepdf.com/it).
- Select the operation to perform (for example, “Merge PDF”, “Convert PDF”, “Compress PDF”, “Reduce PDF size”, “Split PDF”, etc.).
- Upload the PDF file or files to process, following the on-screen instructions. Typically, you can upload files from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
- If necessary, select additional options to customize the operation (for example, set the compression quality, select only certain pages to process, etc.).
- Click the “Start” or “Convert” button to begin the operation.
- Wait for the processing to complete. Typically, it will only take a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on the size and complexity of the files.
- Download the resulting file to your computer or save it to Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive.
- If you wish, you can perform other operations on other PDF files by following the same steps.
The iLovePDF service is free, but you can purchase a premium version to unlock some additional features or remove usage limits.