If you have updated your PC to Windows 11/10 or you have purchased a new computer on which Windows 11/10 is already installed, you may experience incompatibility or incorrect functioning of several applications. For example, if the old program for convert PDF to Word doesn’t work and/or you are looking for a Windows 11/10 compatible app that can process and convert PDF documents to Word, you will find several solutions in this article.
Convert PDF to Word online: Is it worth it?
By doing one Google search you will notice that the vast majority of services are capable of convert PDF to Word, are online services, which do not require the download and installation of any software. The advantage of these online services is that they are simple and quick to use, and almost always 100% free. However, there are also several disadvantages which we can list below:
- Weight limits: if you have a PDF that contains many pages and is quite heavy (for example a few hundred MB), you will hardly find an online service capable of managing and converting this PDF to Word
- Privacy: by uploading the PDF online, it ends up on the servers of the platform you use. If the PDF contains sensitive information you should know that it could be a risk.
- Quality: The quality of PDF to Word conversion from a free online service can never be the best. Online services were created to offer medium-low quality to reduce the size and therefore the space and bandwidth occupied on the server.
- Advertising: Converting PDF to Word for free on these platforms is simple, but during the uploading and conversion process several (annoying) advertisements may appear which may prevent the conversion itself.
- OCR: If you have a scanned PDF you will notice that no online service is able to convert it to Word. This is because a web service rarely has the OCR (optical character recognition) function capable of digitizing the PDF and transforming it into Word.
In light of all these disadvantages, our advice is to avoid using (often deceptive) online services to convert PDF to Word. It is always better to rely on software that can be installed on your Windows PC (or Mac) and which does the work locally, without relying on other online servers. Here below I best PDF to Word Converter for Windows PCs.
Software #1. PDFelement
PDFelement is a professional PDF Editor software, fully compatible with Windows 11/10. First, download and install this app on your Windows 11/10 PC and then we will see how to use it to convert PDF to Word in a few simple clicks.
Note: You can also use PDfelement to convert PDFs to other formats such as Excel, PowerPoint, text, images and web pages.
Access the official program page and download the version for Windows 11/10. You will be able to choose between version “Standard” is that “Pro“. The latter also has the OCR function capable of converting those PDFs obtained from scanning.
How to Convert PDF to Word on Windows 11/10
Step 1: Open PDF files
Install and launch PDFelement on your Windows 11/10 PC. Once started, the first thing to do is import the PDF document you intend to convert to Word. Or you can simply press on the “ functionConvert” as highlighted in the following figure.
Step 2: Conversion Settings
After clicking on “Convert” a window will open asking you whether you want to continue using the trial version of the program or purchase a license. Continuing with the test, the conversion window will open like the one shown below:
Select the name of the destination file and folder and press OK. The program will immediately convert PDF to Word on your Windows PC.
If you have many PDF documents to convert to Word, the procedure to follow is slightly different. Open the PDF Element program and import one of your PDF files. Then from the top toolbar click Convert and then press the “ buttonBatch conversion“. After clicking this button, a window will open. In this window you can add all the PDF files you want to convert to Word.
In addition to importing PDFs to convert into Word, you can also set the output folder in which Word documents will be saved.
If you import “scanned” PDFs, the program will automatically warn you to activate the OCR function capable of “digitizing” and therefore converting the PDF into Word.
Obviously you can also decide whether to convert all the pages of the PDF or just some.
Step 3: Convert PDF to Word
When all the settings are in place, you can proceed with the PDF to Word conversion by clicking on “CONVERT“. Wait a few seconds and you can get the .DOC or .DOCX files ready to open and edit on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Software #2. PDF Converter for Windows
Another good solution to convert PDF to Word on your new Windows 11/10 PC is to use a PDF converter compatible with that operating system. We suggest you download and try the program PDF Converter for Windows. Once downloaded and installed you will see this screen:
All you have to do is:
1. Import PDFs to convert to Word
2. Select MICROSOFT WORD as the output format
3. Choose whether to convert the entire document or a range of pages
4. Click on CONVERT and start the conversion.
Solution 3. Convert PDF to Word for Free
In addition to “software” solutions, there are also online services that allow you to convert PDF to Word directly on your Windows 11/10 PC.
In this regard, we invite you to read the following very detailed and complete article: how to convert PDF to Word Online and Free!