Are you experiencing hardware problems on your Windows 11/10 PC? Then there might be some problem with i drivers installed on the system. Below we will look at several ways to update drivers on Windows 11/10
A device driver is an essential piece of code that allows Windows 11/10 to detect and interact with a particular hardware component (such as your graphics card, hard drive, or network adapter), as well as peripherals, including mice, keyboards, printers , monitors, and many more.
Usually, Windows 11/10 can detect and install automatically the drivers using a tool integrated into the system and Windows Update. However, sometimes, it may be necessary update manually a device for a variety of reasons. For example, when a certain hardware component is not automatically recognized and/or stops working after a Windows update.
Whatever the reason, Windows 11/10 offers several options for updating a driver for any device: via Windows Update, Device management and the use of update tools created by device manufacturers.
Here are the different ways to update the hardware drivers on your computer correctly Windows 11/10. Furthermore, we will also see how to understand if the driver has been updated correctly.
Update Windows 11/10 drivers with Windows Update
Even though manufacturers publish their latest driver updates to Windows Update not instantly but after some time, this is still the recommended method for download and install drivers, since the packages in this “channel” are tested, verified and signed by Microsoft.
To quickly update your device drivers via Windows Update, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Windows 11/10 PC
- Click on Updates and security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click the button Check for updates
Once the steps are completed, if a new driver has been published it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Update Windows 11/10 drivers with Device Manager
Here’s how to use this method to update the drivers of any peripheral or hardware device:
- Click on the search box at the bottom left
- Research Device management and click on the result to open the window shown below
- Double click on the device you want to update
- Right-click and then click Update Drivers.
- Click on Automatically searches for updated drivers.
Update ALL Windows 11/10 drivers with Driver Easy
Driver Easy is software designed specifically for update quickly and easily all outdated drivers or missing on Windows 11/10 PC. Its operation is really simple:
Here is the link where you can download it for free:
This program is also available in a completely free version that allows drivers to be installed manually. With the PRO version, however, it is possible to update all the drivers at the same time and with just one click.
After installing Driver Easyyou can start the scan immediately and at the end a list of all the drivers that can be updated will appear.
By clicking on UPDATE EVERYTHINGthe program will start downloading and installing all new drivers on your Windows 11/10 PC.
How to tell if a driver is up to date
After installing an update for a particular driver, if you want to ensure that the latest version has been applied correctly, here are the steps to follow.
a) Go up Start.
b) Search Device management
c) Double-click the category with the device you want to check
d) Right-click on the device and select Properties option
e) Click on the tab Drivers.
f) Check “Driver Data” and “Driver Version” to understand if it is updated or not.
All drivers are important but those that allow the system and main peripherals to function correctly are:
- Chipset Drivers: These drivers allow the operating system to communicate properly with the motherboard chipset, which controls the operation of components such as the CPU, memory, and integrated peripherals.
- Graphics Card Driver: These drivers manage the graphics functions of the computer, allowing images to be processed and displayed on the screen. They are especially important for games and applications that require advanced graphics.
- Sound card drivers: These drivers allow the operating system to communicate with the sound card, allowing sound to be played and recorded. Without them, you may not be able to hear audio or use your PC’s audio features.
- Network Drivers: These drivers manage network connections, including Ethernet network adapter drivers and wireless adapter drivers. They are necessary to connect to the Internet and to communicate with other devices on the network.
- Printer drivers: If you have a printer connected to your PC, you will need the correct drivers to allow communication between the computer and the printer. These drivers allow you to send print data and control printer functions.
It’s important update the drivers to ensure the correct functioning of the system and obtain optimal performance. You can download the latest drivers from your device manufacturer’s website or use driver update programs like the ones above.