There may be some unpredictable problem while uninstalling Office come from the control panel. In such a case it is advisable Office 2021 completely uninstall and reinstall. To ensure that the steps to uninstall Office 2021 are successful, it is important to select the correct installation type. This varies depending on the system used. Microsoft provides the Office 2021-Client apps only available as Click-to-Run Edition and MSI.
Click-to-run is a Microsoft delivery method based on streaming and broadcasting of application content. The Microsoft Store app is a program that allows you to download digital content.
To select the correct installation type for your system, you must have a Office app open: Create a new file or open an existing file and select File > Account. On the right side you will find the About button. Search for the following information:
- Click-to-Run installations have a version number, build number, and Click-to-Run label
- Microsoft Store apps have a version number, build number, and Microsoft Store label
Office 2021 uninstall via Microsoft Store Apps
- Find the version of Office you want in Apps and Features and uninstall it. If you have a suite like Microsoft 365 or own a single application like Word or Visio, you should also search for the name of that one.
- If you’re having trouble opening Microsoft Store through the settings in windows 11 to uninstall, you can try Office 2021 manually removed using PowerShell. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
Office 2021 manually uninstall and remove completely using PowerShell
Get-AppxPackage -name “Microsoft.Office.Desktop” | Remove-AppxPackage
- Then press Enter. This may take some time to complete. After the process is complete, a new prompt will appear.
- Finally, check if the Office app has been removed. To do this, enter the following in the Windows PowerShell window:
Get-AppxPackage -name “Microsoft.Office.Desktop”
- Then press Enter. If you only see a prompt with no additional information, it means that you Office 2021 successfully removed. You can then close the Windows PowerShell window now.
Office 2021 remove and uninstall manually via the control panel
If you want to check yourself Office 2021 can be uninstalled from Windows 11 Control Panel, just follow the steps below:
To bring up the Control Panel, you can also press the Windows key and X and select Control Panel.
If you have Microsoft 365 or Office Home and Student 2021 purchased, search for the suite names. If you like a single application Bought Word 2021 search for the application.
If Office 2021 or Microsoft 365 cannot be uninstalled in this way, then there are probably other problems or some components cannot be removed.